Meet our owners
The Nicotine Science Center is an affiliate of Fertin Pharma.
Fertin Pharma is a world leader in the development and manufacturing of medicated chewing gum.
- Largest product category is nicotine chewing gum
- Family-owned Danish company, founded in 1978, and acquired by EQT Mid Market (private equity) in January 2017. The Bagger-Sørensen family retains a 30% interest
- Medicated chewing gum is produced according to cGMP (current Good Manufacturing Practice) in three factories, one of which is FDA-approved
- Approximately 700+ employees
- Fertin Pharma operates state-of-the-art laboratories
- Turnover 2015: EUR 107,5 million
- More than 20,000 m2 (215,000 square feet) of cGMP laboratory, production and packing facilities
- Located in Vejle, Denmark
Throughout the process, the Nicotine Science Center will benefit from its position as an affiliate of Fertin Pharma. As Fertin Pharma is a world leader in the development and manufacturing of medicated chewing gum,
Fertin Pharma will naturally be highly involved in the Center, as the Center offers a possibility to take on research projects, which potentially lead to new discoveries within the field of nicotine and, possibly, product innovation.
such as nicotine gum, the distance between high quality research and development of more effective products will thus be short.